Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Jesus, Jesus, how I love Him....



I Peter 5:7-11

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
It is amazing what God can send your way through a secular television show. I was watching House and one of the doctor guys mentioned this passage. I totally jumped and looked into my Bible. Our surviving our trials in everday life are a testament of our faith. I know that this passge can speak not just to me but some others who read this. Give all your worries to God. He WILL take care of them, in His own time, not necessarily our. I had prayed that God would release me of feelings for someone, and I thought they were gone, but they only got stronger. On night (a long while later) I was just laying in my bed praying about something else, and God removed the feeling. All of a sudden I had a lightness in my heart. My heart was not heavy anymore. It wasn't me, it was God. We know that we can stand firm on the promises of God because we know His promises are not just for us, but for everyone, everywhere.
You know, what will not kill you will make you stronger. And yes Kat, crap is good fertilizer.

8 Comments:

Blogger Urkel said...

glad you're better bee. : )

i like this post.

i must say though, crap is seriously annoying though.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Urkel said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love you...

oh and merry christmas

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good word Bethany,you should do a devotion on it somewhere. It was well written up. I liked the music playing too. Keep your focus, Ben

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. I needed to hear it. 'DLS momma'

7:43 PM  
Blogger Urkel said...

dude, this group is all decked out...

5 members
1 leader
1 momma
1 watergirl
1 co-president

...hott : )

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its amazing what God will do when you ask Him to do something... Just be sure when you ask Him for something that you really want...

Oh and.... yeah crap is good for some stuff.... =P

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ben Just so you know... that's like one of the hottest songs EVER...

Urk... you rock...

Momma... love you!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home