Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Brutally Honest

I have come to realize that those who reach out the most,
to the point of giving too much information, and maybe even those who start to annoy,
are the ones who are in the most need.
We become desensitized to their every word because they become like a broken record.
Unfortunately, those people are the ones who attempt suicide.
Those who are able to pull through, are left with constant reminders.
Those who succeed, leave those who loved them behind, with pain and heartache.
What can we do for these people?
The next time they utter a short bit of TMI, pay attention, talk to the person about it.
If you see a glimpse of pain, don't let someone walk out with it.
Even if you don't feel like it, you need to help.
Sometimes you may not feel like being helpful, but what you want or do not want to do, doesn't matter. It just so happens that life doesn't revolve around you. But if you can make it revolve around someone else for a while, you may become a part of saving a life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B., it's me. I feel really bad about the way that our friendship ended, if it did end. I don't really know. I figured that you had forgotten about me, as much of my friends already have. I thought 'Okay, she's moved on with her life. I've been by her side, helped her out, been a shoulder to cry on, maybe i've done all I needed to do, so I'll let her have her space and maybe she can find someone who's a better friend to her then I was.' The day you called me, the day I was moving, I felt so bad because I had been thinking about you too lately, hoping and praying that you would go where God wanted you to go, even if that meant leaving me behind. I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you that I was leaving, I'm sorry that we haven't been in touch lately, and if you could ever forgive me, I'd like to give our friendship another shot, even if it is long-distance. I hope that everything goes great for you with everything that you're doing, even though i wouldn't know because we've been out of touch for so long, and I blame myself for that. I'd really like to talk to you soon. Here's my email, lpyqueen@yahoo.com.
Kayla

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home