Monday, October 02, 2006

Yeah so I am going to be a music teacher.

Yeah so I was helping my voice teacher today at the elementary school where she teaches, and I also got to sit in on a class she teaches at URI. One of the things she said to her students was that she had the best job in the world. I thought I would blog on this because it ties into what I wrote last night about children. Being a teacher, is a great job. Yes it has its ups and downs, but you can affect change in a child or young persons life. She mentioned how she gets these little kids who come in and say, i got a boo boo, or come in and give her a hug and say i love you. Being a teacher can be gratifying. I really feel a confirmation where the whole teaching thing is concerned. No matter where I am, I am teaching. My teacher is teaching me to teach. In my class at CCRI, i end up teaching sometimes. So now that I know what I am going to do, I have to find a college, I tried doing a search for colleges on college board.com, it was like narrowed down to 600 or something. I really don't want to restrict myself too much but it is just so overwhelming, and I keep on looking at one college, and i don't know if it is bcuz it is the only one i am familiar with...and i am just so overwhelmed with the rest of them, or if i really should go there. The problem with going to college in another state, i can't get any student loans bcuz i am not 18. I have to get a full ride scholarship....that is a pretty big dream... I have to chose a college b4 the end of the year...and i have to apply. This is all pretty overwhelming, i'm about to tear my hair out i think. There are so many options...it is really very overwhelming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home