Sunday, October 01, 2006

*Conry statement warning* Children are our future.

This morning at church, a little 5 year old girl was looking at me. And so I smiled at her cuz she is just so cute. When I realized she was still looking at me, I did a mental check..."Wait, am I doing what I am supposed to be doing? Am I missing anything." Children are so impressionable. When they see someone praying or worshiping, they will follow that example. They may or may not know what they are doing, but they will follow an example that is set. We as believers need to make sure that any example set is a good one. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me." These little ones are so important. Last week at Apponaug, all of the students and the staff went up to pray for someone who was at a bible study they had going on. It was really awesome. That is the only word I can use to describe it. All of the students from 4 (believe it or not) to 17, all crowding around this older man who isn't able to use his hands, praying for him, and laying hands on him. After we prayed for him, this man looked at this little 4 year old boy, and he said,"None of us may see this, but you are going to be a big preacher someday." Can I just say, how awesome a thing that is...I mean, I am going to write down his name so I can Google it in the future. Okay...I think I am done with my ramblings about children, and examples.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home